Thursday, January 15, 2015

Storybook Favorites

The first story that caught my eye was Tales of Dr. Love. I thought the title sounded funny so I figured I would give it a read. I like that the author implemented humor right of the bat in the first paragraph. That is what made me keep reading. I thought the layout and design of the page was too plain. I probably would not have kept reading had I not got a chuckle out of the title and the first paragraph. The topic was new to me, but it did seem similar to the story of Cupid in ways. I think the title was perfect for the story, and it really clued me in to what I was about to read. I had a hunch that it would be a Cupid like story before even opening the page. I thought the navigation was simple enough, but I did not feel like there was enough too look at, and pictures were just thrown in at the end of each story.

I looked up Lord Rama: The Greatest OU Football Player. I am a Sooner football fan, so I was interested right away with the title to see what the author was up to. I liked the layout of the pictures on the title page.I also thought the design of the page, the colors, and the navigation were very fitting for an OU story. The introduction was interesting and creative. I liked the way that football tied into the story.

The last page I viewed was Paranormal: the Ayodhya Files. I thought the Background and the picture on the first page had kind of an eerie feel which is most likely what the writer was going for. It really drew me in to see what this story was about. I thought the navigation was pretty cool, it was set up with case files. I was not exactly sure what the story would be about. After reading the introduction it's clear to me that the writer is probably a fan of the television show Supernatural. I loved the show so I saw quite a few similarities. The introduction did a good job of pulling me in and making me want to read more.

Paranormal: the Ayodhya Files


1 comment:

  1. Scott,
    I think that I am going to read Tales of Dr. Love because it seems as if it would be a funny story to me as well. However, I also think that pictures make stories more interesting and I like reading stories more when they give you something to look at. I really wished I had seen the Paranormal story because I love scary stories. I am definitely going to take a look at this one.

    ReplyDelete