Monday, February 2, 2015

Possible Storytelling Styles: Great Battles

Topic- I think I would like my stories to be about great battles. I really like war stories and action so this would really interest me. I was going to write about the battle between Rama and Ravana. Also I considered Thataka and her sons as a story. I will try to pull two more battles from the next book to write about. I think I would like to put more emphasis on Ravanas heart as his weakness. (achilles heel)

Bibliography-
Rama facing Ravana from wikipedia
Thataka from wikipedia

Possible styles-

Twist the ending- I like to add my own twist on stories and change them here and there. I think altering the ending could be a fun new way to tell the story! Perhaps I could change how some of the battles were won by Rama. That is if Rama wins them at all.

Postscripts and Prequels- I like the idea of extending some of these battle stories and adding on to them in some way. Some of the stories in the book were not as detailed as I would have liked. I think I could add more detail before the battle to really set the stage for what's to come. I am not entirely sure how I would use a postscript for this, but I will continue to brainstorm!

Time travel- I think it would be cool to tell a story from this perspective. I could go back in time and witness the battle of Rama and Ravana and live to tell the tale! This could be a fun way to explain the third person storytelling style. I think time travel is really cool so this could be a interesting time to go to.

Modernizing and Futurizing- I am really excited about what I could do with this. I think putting Rama on a modern battlefield would be too much fun for me. Seriously forget all my other ideas because this is what I'm doing. Ramas bow just became a trusty M4 assault rifle. Ravana could be the leader of a terrorist organization. I believe I could modernize some of these stories while still clinging to the core part of the story. I think taking these stories about ancient warfare and bringing them into modern times would be a cool way to retell them. I am just thinking of things off the top of my head, but I know I would have the most fun with this topic.

 File:Ravana Sketch.jpg
Ravana Sketch
link

No comments:

Post a Comment