Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 4 Reading Diary A: Bucks Ramayana

Like the Greeks there seems to literally be a god for everything. there should be a god to keep track of which god does what.

It was interesting that Rama saw his sons sing but didn't know it was them.
also they seem to prize singing in these stories.

I thought the rice that King Dasharatha gave his wives was interesting.

Ravana is kind of a douche. He keeps running around making the gods submit to him because he can.

 Ravana killed the messenger. Oh and then ate him. That's cool...

Arjuna of the thousand Arms put the squeeze on Ravana.



Ramas sons name is Lava. Awesome!




File:Valmiki Ramayana.jpg
Valmiki

1 comment:

  1. I think there may be even more gods in this story than there are in all of ancient Greece! But it is interesting that they have so many gods. I think the concept we have of gods today aren't the same as the gods described in this story, because to be honest, these gods are pretty flawed. Their emotions and actions seem pretty human-like to me!

    I don't know if Rama's sons are actually singing. Isn't that usually what they called reciting poetry? I'm not sure! It would certainly take a lot of skill to sing the entire story, though. I really liked that their song was the first ever, though. That was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete